Position : Ecological Market Gardener Assistant
Tasks and responsibilities:
Greenhouse and field tasks: Participate in all aspects of crop cultivation including sowing, transplantation, fertilization, soil preparation, irrigation, weeding, detection of crop disease and health problems, insect pest control, and harvest.
Kiosk tasks: participate in the washing, sorting and packing of crops to prepare them for sale. Interact with clients and assist in the sale of produce.
Other tasks: Operate and maintain small farm machinery and equipment. Fill out and update basic crop status reports for qualitative and quantitative data. Assist in the maintenance and repair of farm buildings.
Candidate profile sought :
- Interested in ecological agriculture
- Experience or knowledge in market gardening is an asset
- Likes manual work in teams and independently
- Able to lift a weight of at least 30lbs and can work under variable weather conditions
- Attention to quality and consumer satisfaction
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Priority will be given to candidates applying for a full-time position (35hrs) and for the full season (April to November), but candidates can apply for a shorter contract and part-time position.
- Salary of $13.00 per hour plus access to vegetables from the farm.
Please send a short letter explaining your motivation for seeking the position and your CV with references to the following address: email@example.com
We will only contact you if your application is retained for an interview. Thank you.